Current Career Opportunities
Position Title: Project Manager - Operations
Reports To: PHS Partners
The PHS Project Manager is responsible for managing and coordinating all aspects of assigned projects, including defining the scope and objectives of the project; identifying personnel, expertise, and other resources required to complete the project; developing the project schedule and timeline to complete; assigning, coordinating, and tracking project related tasks; serving as the first point of contact for all project related issues, communications, meetings, and activities; keeping PHS management, and others, apprised of project status and progress; ensuring all tasks and deliverables are completed accurately and thoroughly, and the project is ready to launch; coordinating the implementation of the completed project; and monitoring the post implementation activities.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for working with management in the definition, planning, defining objectives, and managing of critical and complex projects related to PHS’ development, marketing, and growth objectives;
- Develops project Scope, Plan, Objectives, critical deadlines, and timeline;
- Consults and works with all internal departments and outside entities and personnel to identify resources, expertise, and information required to successfully complete the project objectives; including identifying what, if any, changes to current PHS policies, procedures, systems, and controls might be required as a result of the implementation of the project product;
- Provides overall leadership, management, direction, and coordination during the complete project timeline from inception to implementation;
- Engages with multiple internal departments and personnel, and personnel outside the Company to efficiently and successfully move the project through the process to completion and implementation;
- Leads project meetings and discussions involving internal personnel, partners, outside agents and other personnel involved in the project;
- Ensures that all activities, accomplishments, issues, and communications regarding the project are properly documented in sufficient detail during the project process, including providing timely project status reports as necessary;
- Responsible for project implementation, rollout, etc., and ensuring a smooth transition of the project product to established standard operational processes;
- Responsible for monitoring and oversight of project implementation until successful operation of the implemented project product is assured.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Must possess strong, professional communication skills, both oral and written, including the willingness and ability to listen to others;
- Must have strong planning, organizational, and time management skills, and must be detail oriented;
- Must have the ability to prioritize, manage, and juggle multiple tasks and initiatives simultaneously, even in the face of competing demands for resources, time and priorities;
- Must be a motivated, self-starter, be pro-active in how tasks are approached, have the ability to visualize, conceptualize, and think “outside-the-box”;
- Must be able to work smoothly and successfully with all persons both inside and outside the organization;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications, and other project management tools.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelors’ degree from an accredited four-year college of university preferred;
- Project Management certification (PMP) preferred, but not mandatory;
- At least 3+ years’ experience as a Project Manager, preferably in the health insurance industry;
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in implementing, or on-boarding, insurance plans and programs;
- Related experience in managing projects requiring work with large insurance brokers, agents, and insurance carriers, and back-room platforms.
Grow with Us!